PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VII
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2010, 04:03
Wen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there any male applicants were selected yesterday? OD Kuala Lumpur 19 Sep 2010.

Dear ppruners,

This is Wen from Malaysia.

In Malaysia, Emirates' OD is conducted by the appointed agency.

Few months ago, i attended the OD. They didn't take any male applicants that time. The officer from that agency just collected my resume and photo. Then he added:" You can only reapply 6 months later if you are not short listed this time"

Then yesterday (19th Sep), there was another round of OD in Malaysia. I went for the second time. I met my friends J and T there. J is a female while T is a Male. While J was still preparing her document, i went in to meet the officers from that agency. Then she said:" I am sorry, this time we are taking only females." Then she collected my resume and photo. I asked her:" Since this time i am not slelected again, do i have to wait for another 6 months to reapply?" Then she answered :" No, you don't have to wait for another 6 months, you can come anytime when there is an OD." I wonder why the officer from the first OD i attended and this officer are not telling the same thing? Strange...

Then l left the hotel. An hour later, i called J. She managed to do the reach test and the first round of group discussion. However, she wasn't selected. Then she told me, the strange thing is, T and another chinese guy were selected and they were given a form to fill in. They were selected to attend the coming AD.

In their advertisement in the newspaper, they stated " Fluency in written and verbal Mandarin is essential." But i wonder why they selected T? I know T quite well, he is not chinese and he definitely can't speak chinese at all. Anyway, i am really happy for him as he was selected to attend the coming AD. I wish him all the best. Just that i don't really understand how could this happen. T went in just about 10 minutes after me. Why they let him in to have the reach test and group discussion? I wonder what is the criteria they are looking for? I am a chinese but i didn't get the chance. What is the point then they put this requirement "Fluency in written and verbal Mandarin is essential" in their advertisement?

I remember the moment before i went in to approach the officers, i saw one guy who was seated next to the officers' table and he was filling up a form. I wonder what form was he filling in? And obviously he is also another non-chinese candidate to get selected. Hopefully he can make it, as he is really the "material" of a cabin crew. All the best to you stranger

May i know if anyone of you here were also there yesterday? And would you please share your experience? Are there any other male apllicants selected? And how many of you are not mandarin speaking regardless female or male?

I am not here to judge the appointed agency. Just that in my opinion, they don't really follow the standard requirement. And this is absolutely not fair to the other candidates who meet the requirement stated.

Last but not least, all the best to those of you who are selected for the AD.