PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2010, 22:07
controller friendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air UK flew the FK100 from BHD in 1994 for most of the summer season to STN & they did for that period move their LBA service to BHD. Manx at that time operated a BA146 from BHD to LHR and Jersey European operated to LGW! We had London flights coming outta our ears! The Manx route was in response to the mighty BA having an argument with BFS over landing fees & approaching BHD to move there, so the airlines of Britain, the group of bma, log & mnx at the time, did what they did best & moved a few flights in, when the threat went away Mr Bishop decided he needed the slots elsewhere & pulled the route, was really frustrating at the time as it was doing well!!
Britannia, if I remember rightly, did the Ltn route from the late 80s & it was their only scheduled route, think Capital eventually scared them away! Capital went bust around the 20th June 1990, not a very nice time, but Loganair & Jersey quickly took up some of the routes! For the spotters out there GOSUN & GOSKI became GJEAJ & GJEAK, I think, & when on the Bhd-Stn route were banned from diverting to Luton as they would have been impounded from their history as Capital aircraft!
Jeees, I know way to much trivia to have street cred,just as well I'm off!!!!