PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Packs Off And/Or APU On For Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2010, 21:47
AeroTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Yes and if the takeoff was on a contaminated runway, you might find that the stopping distance is based on them using that other thrust reverser/s.
Mutt, if aircraft swings you have to reduce/cancel the thrust reverser (as mentioned above). I am wondering if this is considered for the stopping distance calculation, or it will not affect the stopping distance.

King on a Wing, if I am not mistaken petals reverser and buckets reverser are different. Petals reverser reverse the bypass airflow but the buckets reverser reverse the bypass airflow and the core engine exhaust gas (I am talking here in general may be there are some engines fitted…???)

You can see the pic (EasyJet aircraft, you can zoom it out) of the petals reverser in the following link:
Thrust reversal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems to me that they may provide less stopping distance because the petals provide also drag; if so why they are not used a lot as the cascades thrust reverser?

Con-pilot, you mentioned takeoff bleed off with APU off. I am wondering if Falcon 50 & 900 are not fitted with hydraulic tank(s) pressurization (I am not familiar with these aircraft).

Finally it seems that there is packs off takeoff and bleed off takeoff.

Feedback appreciated.