PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2010, 17:41
M2dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HalloweenJack
would i be right in `guessing` that unlike a certain `tin triangle` even the likes of SD flying again is simply a fantasy? the vulcan arrived straight from display with a hangar full of spares , of which nothing like that is available for concorde? and whilst `doable` funds would a slight factor..
This is a kind of 'eternal (tin) triangle issue. As I said in my last post on the matter, in my OPINION it will not happen. But there is a but here, quite a big one. This is a purely SUBJECTIVE matter, and NONE of us in the Concorde family can possibly state for sure that this will not happen, or is impossible; we can only give our personal opinions. There are certain spare bits around (for instance Rolls Royce have four unused Olympus 593 engines), but there are immense difficulties to overcome. (ChristiaanJ's point about a design authority is just one of them).
But this is aviation, and we can never say no, to absolutely ANYTHING in our particular 'world'. There is so much money spent on far more ridiculous ventures than trying to return a single example of the finest aircraft ever built to the air.
(But again, what do I know? This is just my OPINION; crystal balls are extra)

Dude