PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nine Dead in Fox Glacier Crash, New Zealand
Old 19th Sep 2010, 15:03
DeathStar-Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EUF had about as big a birthday as they get. they had a write up about her in aviation news.

PAC have had a few issues with their electric elevator trims running away. It's happened to me in the XL several times but that's why they have a trim interrupt switch installed. In the cresco the electric trim has died once or twice, never ran away on me though. I havn't flown the walter before. They are built by the same guys, it would seem correct to assume the case is the same for them?

It's entirely possible the trim ran away on him, and given the low speed/altitude the situation became irrecoverable. It's also entirely possible the trim stopped working after landing (which would be set up in a nose high attitude) and the subsequent T/O has the same effect as a runaway trim. The XL has the manual trim center cockpit above your head, the crescos is under your seat and a real prick to use if you needed it in a hurry. Someone else can fill in the blanks better for the fletchers and walters. I believe their trim is on the left sidewall, and I also believe some have them removed, or the handles at least, after electric trims are installed. This being the case, is there another manual override??

Alot of skydivers are cowboys, many of them hyper retards, but never have I met one that would jepardise the safety of the flight. Lunatics yes, unsafe no.