PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2010, 14:10
ConstantFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad to hear that flybe is dropping CWL-NCL. Don't know how/whether the route was advertised at all in South Wales, but up here in North East England I've seen zero publicity for it. Eastern often advertise their flights from NCL on the Tyne and Wear Metro, as well as in local business publications; their visibility is good, even though the Cardiff route has been just one of several routes T3 operate from Newcastle. But flybe visibility is poor. People I talk to in the business community here are often aware of the easyJet route from NCL-BRS, and would probably use BRS for trips to Cardiff and Exeter simply because they are unaware that there are direct services available (or even that Exeter and Cardiff have airports!). Naturally, I'm doing what I can as an individual to enlighten colleagues, but I could use some help from flybe comms. Maybe the new Local Development Partnerships that are replacing the Regional Development Agency will focus on route consolidation and development from our local airports. Or maybe not...