PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2010, 11:27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
late pay vs no pay

I have a slightly different take on why pilots are leaving. I think it has to do with two major issues. First, late pay sometimes means missed house payments, car payments, etc. with resultant late fees and hits on your credit rating. Arik has not offered to pay these fees even tho Arik is responsible for causing them.
Second, and primarily, when a company does not pay on time, there is a serious concern that they may never pay. If you are concerned you may be working for free, there is ample motivation to go get another job!
Pay showed up about 17 days late this month. That is about average over the last 18 months. Even still, 14 pilots left this month despite the promise of a 30/30 rotation. I think they left because they are very concerned that Arik will just stop paying.
I for one, will not pay any expenses out of pocket. I will not buy a ticket to come to work. I will not buy a ticket to go to training. I will not go to training or on night stop without per diem in my pocket. I will not be left holding the bag hoping Arik will reimburse me. No way.
And yes, after the fiasco in July, I began actively searching for another job.