PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Wants to join CATHAY!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2002, 11:42
hvy 18 wheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Don't blame the AOA only for the recruitment ban. You must also blame the company Cathay Pacific Airways, for not following status quo and following the D&G procedure laid down in the C.O.S.
Sure the AOA voted for industrial action, hey which pilot body or group hasn't in the last decade, most if not all companies only seem to listen when a unified workforce stand up and say enoughs enough, lets get this fixed.
If you have just joined cx as a s/o then you can thank the AOA for negotiating a fairer deal for new joiners like the s/o's as up to only a few years ago they had the same ****ty deal that the new joiners in QF get ( reduced salary and no seniority # until checked to line). Now days s/o's get full pay from the day they arrive in adelaide, they get relocation allowance of HKD$10,000 for the hassle of having to go to adelaide and hong kong, they also get a small allowance in YPAD of approx AUD$ 500. Then they get to hongkers and get an interest free loan of another HKD$ 100000 to help them out, then after 2 years service they get full housing allowance to rent or buy, now I don't know if you understand what HKD$ 41,500 get you per month but it is nearly if not more than your monthly salary. All of which was fairly negotiated between the company and the AOA.
If you happen to want to join the aoa but want to sit out the present dilema, that is your choice, however, the day will come when your conditions are under threat, and I look forward to being the fly on the wall when you go up to the 3rd floor and ask for a fair deal.
Remember the company only seems to like talking /fighting with the union.
My idea would be that if you dont want to be in the aoa then if you want to accept the increases to your COS you should pay the aoa the 4 % and say thankyou!