PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lot of pilots leaving the forums
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2010, 20:01
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JW411 - of course we know each other over a cup of tea in the airport restaurant and I would never suggest you and the half a dozen others that sit around are the "sad scene" I referred to. Plus I meet up with others there. But that is about half a dozen to a dozen people - at a pretty busy GA airport. I would guess that 95-99% of the people who are based there do not hang around at all socially. The virtual closure of the 2nd restaurant killed off most of the "community" which was there, too. This is a very long way from the kind of vibrant social scene which would draw people to consider flying to start with, or indeed to remain flying after they get their PPL, when nearly everybody is turfed out and left to fend to themselves.

C1 - I only posted that stuff for fun, as a performance comparison. The Jetprop and the TBM are firmly "GA" and the 737 was just a sim (as I posted). I thought that a fantastic 300-euro 737-full-sim deal would be of interest to others, too. Performance comparisons are highly relevant. I have never flown a Tiger Moth and would leave it to others 100% to post on such a thread, for example. I have also never claimed to have done something I haven't done, nor have I used the rather common forum phraseology which can be "so easily" taken as meaning I have done more.

Sorry for the delay in replying; I am in Jordan and had no internet for the past few days. Back now at a decent hotel