PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2010, 18:53
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone thinks that if Fr had been making profit at Bhd, but still pulled out because they couldn't get their own way with the extension, well you are mad. Ir Fr were profitable, they would still be there. In my opinion, the truth is they were losing money and used the extension as an excuse to get out. If the Bhd base was adding to the bottom line, why pull the routes? They have far smaller operations than what they had at Bhd and still maintain those operations. Fr went into Bhd for all the wrong reasons and failed, they went to the wrong airport.

As far as Bhd - Stn is concerned, if there is demand at the right price for the operator, why have so many tried and failed? Yes, Fr stimulated demand, with £3 fares and the like. Do you think Fr was making money on that? I flew Fr to Stn for £2.02 return. The ONLY reason I used Fr, was the fare. Other times, Ezy every time. How many airlines will have to come and go before you accept that maybe this is one route, for whatever reason, just does not do well for the operator out of Bhd?

True Blue