PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2010, 16:42
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
JB:
I would not wish to see any delay to clearing their sons' and husband's names because pursuing the wider isssues will probably take longer.
Well neither would I, but even more so would I not wish to see another thread started within this forum dedicated to yet another Airworthiness related fatal accident. God forbid, but that could happen at any time. There is no "longer term" in this respect for time is very definitely of the essence.
As to the MAA, whatever else that stands for it is not an independent military airworthiness authority and never will be while being part of the MOD. It is part of the misinformation dolled out in cubic metres by the MOD to suggest that it ever could be independent while being so constituted.
As to the campaign to restore the reputations to the two pilots of ZD576 there is no reason why that should await any such necessary reorganisation of these arrangements. That merely awaits the Royal Air Force. It was their senior Air Officers that sullied both their reputations and that of the RAF itself. In repudiating their actions it will start on the path of restoring its own tarnished record. Seems to me to be a job for the Chief of the Air Staff, who is supposed to have a care for that.