PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet and flexi FO.....
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2010, 12:26
cloud-surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I very rarely post on here but now feel that I should say my piece.

Of the 12 that came across from bmi only 9 are left. This is due to the working conditions of easyJet. High hours, flexible rostering with no opportunity to request days off meaning that it is impossible to have a life outside of work. It is also impossible to gain any leave during school holidays. Something else which again which affects our work/life balance. You should work to live not live to work which is what we are expected to do with no thought or consideration to our family lives.

As for NSF's feelings about the ex bmi guys, no wonder its not a nice place to work with that kind of animosity around in daily life. No-one would have joined the company unless there was the promise of the permanent contract at the end, they would have just gone to the sandpit but they didn't want that amount of upheaval for their family lives. This was all down to the inept crew figure planning in H89. The others to have gained the permanent contract were by the vast majority from other carriers that came with the lure of the permanent contract th help pull the company out of the mire that they had dug themselves into.

Please tell me why anyone would want to work in a company like this, especially if they have experienced better before. The only good grace is the quick commands which are on offer, but is it really worth it???

Last edited by cloud-surfer; 18th Sep 2010 at 12:27. Reason: I can't spell