PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Hold Pool News
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2010, 06:00
Chief Brody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEP FO SH after tax deductions et al and pension contributions (Im part of BARP) works out about 3.6 take home a month plus/minus 300.

Joined a couple of years ago (08) starting basic pay was (rounded) 48.5, then went up to 50.5 then went down to 49 after pay negotiations.

Put in the hours each month and you can make a grand plus in allowances on top of that. Though as there are a significant number of night stops on the SH network beware the dreaded Diners Club bill touching down in the porch.

There are healthy yearly incremental pay rises (I think annually on the day of joining?) - though granted we gave some back last year as part of the survival plan pay review, hence the tormented face above. These pay rises form part of the BA 'pay point' scheme 0 through 24 - ie after 24 years thats your lot Nigel.

SSP less so - for 5 years after joining their pay gradually comes in-line with DEPs until after the 5th year they're the same??

Am a DEPer myself so granted my understanding of the above sentence isnt tip top and I could be speaking out of my derriere to borrow the continental vernacular.

Also, for any roaming journalists considering the headline: Junior Pilot Earns 60k+ please remember this.....my dentist earns 200k a year and the worse he can do is extract the wrong tooth . A little perspective please....

Safe Flying,

CB