PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - School options at Moorabbin
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2010, 00:50
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The most important thing to do is start.

The single thing that will make it more appealing to go back each week for the next lesson is an instructor who has a teaching style that suits your learning style and who you enjoy flying with.

Please, please get off the forum and go and talk to schools at the airport that is easiest for you to get to. I soloed nearly before I had L plates to drive - 30 odd years ago. I chose Casey airfield at Berwick because it was cheaper than Moorabbin and took the train from Hawthorn for lessons. I ended up at Casey in a golden era by happenstance. Since then I've done various bits of training with over 10 schools in Australia and 2 overseas, but all the schools & instructors that I have admired over the years will welcome someone with a genuine interest turning up and asking questions.

Flying has always been a hobby, but one of the great adventures of my life. I've flown antique aircraft, aerobatic aircraft, homebuilts, twins, gliders, choppers. I have Aust, NZ & US licences and have flown privately in NZ, US & the UK. Through flying I've been places & met people that I could never have done otherwise.

Learning to fly for most of us is hard. As a student I'd work all of one weekend in a carwash to pay for an hour's training the following weekend. But its worth it. Come & join us.