PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 15:25
0lancer0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was the booklet enough information? you answered it yourself.. NO! it says so in the second paragraph!
HINT: for the first stage though.. it is sufficient.

dude ok look.. all im trying to say is that you have to be a lot more independent and use a lot more common sense! i have helped ppl on here who ask legit questions.. i have disregarded all those that lack common sense or whom need to be spoon fed.. until now.. so here it is..

they are not going to ask anyone who doesnt have any experience about ndbs.. ils approaches.. coffin corners.. or any CPL/ATPL type questions. with no experience you should be aiming to prepare yourself at the ppl level. pick up a book called From the Ground Up. It contains all the info you would need to pass your ppl in can/us. it is a great supplement to the JKI. If you already own (I assume you have read) Mechanics of Flight.. then you have already read half of the JKI in depth!

(soooo back to my rant) you asked your questions even BEFORE you opened the booklet! from the way you wrote your post.. it just seemed to me like it was a chore for you to "dig out more information that is not covered in the book" .. i dont understand why any extra research is such a burden and that to me why i believe(d) that you have a lack of passion for aviation. having a job is definately not an excuse. you must have had time to write a reply to me.. that time could have been put to better use if you are on such a strict schedule.. im just trying to make u see the light. it is hard work that must be put in and if you yearn for it enough.. you WILL get there.. especially for those who have little or no experience.. as they are becoming far and few with the acceptance of international cadets.

Hope this post lets you know where I'm coming from, clears up some things for you and encourages you and the rest to aim higher. I take back the nasty first line that I wrote in my original post. Study like you have never studied before and use common sense on what areas are going to be weighed most heavily on. *cough* theory of flight*cough* Anticipate and be ahead.

As for me.. im not a bad guy.. im the little to none flying experience idiot who has nothing better to do to fill up my days with dreaming to become an airline pilot because all I am doing is waiting for my course start date.

Good Luck!