PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lot of pilots leaving the forums
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 13:50
Katamarino

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Crashone and JW411

To be honest, your posts come across as those of jealous children. I don't know it IO540 has flown a Jetprop, but I have read an extremely interesting account of his recent flight in a TBM Turboprop that is, I think, rather higher-end than a Jetprop. With an FAA CPL/IR you can technically right-seat an airliner, and "Captain" a very large range of interesting aircraft, so I'm not entirely sure what your point is there.

It's a shame that some of the more technical discussions, such as GPS, are too complicated for you to understand; but there are those of us who can understand them, and find them quite useful and interesting.

IO540 does a lot of incredible flying, all of which is private; I couldn't care less if he's in a powered parachute or a B52, if he's flying it privately it seems relevant. He puts in a huge amount of time and effort to making his knowledge available to others and I have benefited a great deal from some of what he writes on his website, particularly in planning my own private flights from Rotterdam to Tunisia and other interesting places; he also seems to perform a fair amount of advocacy on behalf of all GA.

So tell me; apart from jealous and uninformed little whining posts, what do you contribute to match that? Posts like yours are exactly what we could do without.