PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 13:26
boquera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not ruthless aztec, a bit of an over reaction i think lancer,

what i was asking (and what was replied to by herrtob) was is the booklet enough information? or is much extra research is needed- and how much? i don't know how much depth they require for the initial interview for people without background or hours.

it is possible to overload on too much unnecessary detail when researching\revising that won't actually benefit the person and that is what i was getting at. I am limited on the time i have available to read and research on this due to having a job

i mentioned FTE as that is my previous experience at the interview stage, they wanted the applicant to know maths whereas CX want people to know a lot more. I never said it was on the same level as FTE and neither did i expect it to be considering what they are offering.

A lot of this stuff i have never looked at before so it was all a bit wow at first but i've had chance to look at most of it now and it doesn't seem that bad, however i am not stupid so i know that they will want extra to what they provide[they even say so on page one!!!].

how can you tell how much passion a person has on a subject by one post on a forum? as for a "real reply"-there was nothing helpful whatsoever to anybody on there. its people like yourself who make forums like these seem to be full of idiots who have nothing better to do then fill up their days with waiting for somebody to have a go at.

thanks herrtob, i have ordered one of the books you mention and already own mechanics of flight by kermode which unless im mistaken (and apologies if i am), the JKI booklet seems to have used a couple of pictures from