PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lot of pilots leaving the forums
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 13:05
Monocock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally don't frequent this parish these days as I find it has changed over time.

I feel it used to be more of a UK based flying fraternity where people knew each other perhaps more personally and actually met up at events. Now whenever I come here I find that the topics are mainly links to crashes (with the inevitable amateur AAIB brigade pulling on their yellow tabards), questions about tedious maintenance regulations and the good old debates that seem to never tire about knee boards, GPS's and watches.

I wonder how many people in this particular forum are actual flyers. My guess is that proportionally they have reduced markedly in the last 10 years. Reading many of the posts I can't help wondering if a lot of the contributors these days fly Cessnas created by Hewlett Packard as opposed to Textron!

And, before I am flamed, grilled, poached or fried for mis-spelling or upsetting any sensitive souls (for which I am truly sorry if I have), I shall go back to being a reader again as opposed to a contributor!!!