PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Light Speed Zulu to buy?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 12:15
MyNameIsIs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fiz, the Lightspeed's "flakes" are just about the only reason why I have doubt in my mind about getting a pair.

I wouldn't mind getting myself a new (ANR) headset and am quite interested in the Zulus but just about everyone I know who has them gets the flakes. The ones that don't get flakes have only had theirs for a couple of months, so their turn will probably come.

TGG, I've only had 1 DC ear seal split on me in probably 5 years.... Not bad if you ask me. When I first noticed the ooze I thought some dirty bugger behind me coughed or sneezed some nasty stuff onto the back of my neck....
Only problem with my DCs so far is the Headsets Inc ANR kit that has busted a few times and I'm sick of it now- just using another standard passive set.

fiz, if you thought the Zulu's were heavy on batteries, try the DC 10-13.4s with the above ANR kit.. the 9v block battery just does not cut it! Had to recharge every night whereas mates with the Zulus doing the same flying only replaced their's every 2-3 weeks.