PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 06:44
dalek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jayteeto,
As a regular contributor of this thread I know who all the doubters are. The regular ones are John Purdey and Cazatou. I have never known them be drawn in on a subject they will certainly lose. I bet the farm they will not bite on this one. Here goes.

1. We know (fact) the average G/S for the sortie was 155 (D/T).

2. From forecast and some actual W/V's, the average IAS was 135 - 140.

3. The aircraft approached the Mull Wpt at less than IAS 127. (RACAL)

4. The aircraft was in VMC. (Holbrook)

5. Take 3 & 4 together then the Wratten contention that the crew were flying "to fast for the conditions at Waypoint change", is plain wrong. The crew must have slowed approaching the Mull, showing sound Airmanship.

6. At some stage, very late in the flight there was a 25 - 30 kt speed increase. (Cable). This increase must have come very late, or the Average speed would have been higher.

7. Some of this increase must have come from increased power.*
* Not backed by firm evidence, just strong circumstantial.

For the above list to be wrong, there has to be a major problem with either the RACAL analysis or the Cable evidence.

Mr Cable is an experienced Accident Investigator dealing with real wreckage.

The RACAL analysis came from measuring wiggly amps from a crash damaged,non certified TANS.

So which evidence is likely to be wrong? The problem for the MOD apologists is the Wratten, Day evidence is based largely on the RACAL analysis. If this is discounted, their evidence goes from speculation to worthless.

So come on JP, Caz and the very self important Atlantic Cowboy (if you are still around). Shoot me down.

Another one for you Caz. In our earlier jousts, you questioned my helicopter experience. You also said that the faults described by Sqn Ldr Burke were so isolated that they could not possibly have happened at the Mull accident.
Jayteeto has just described a serious incident that happened to him. Very similar to one envisaged by Sqn Ldr Burke.

He probably survived by a combination of skill, luck and location. Miss out on one and you arer screwed.
Still say that Burke could not have happened to our crew?

Last edited by dalek; 17th Sep 2010 at 07:04.