PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Passenger Boarding?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 04:21
Trig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aircraft Boarding Ramps

I have heard about this system and from reading the specification looks to me as though these guys have this sewn up. The KCI ramp is at 18 degrees theirs is 7 degrees and the Indigo one looks more.
A close relation is a wheelchair user and I can tell you from personal experience that there is no way you could push a wheelchair with someone in it up 18 degrees.
I see there's a video on their website of a girl pushing up a wheelchair with someone in it - if this is true I cant wait to see the end result
I am in the right hand seat and see all the time a tug pulling stairs and if its doing away with Ambulifts and and Catering trucks as they claim, that's surely got to be less space on stand.
Must admit bit annoyed with the guy who compares to cattle - and I would point out that you have to line up whenever you board an aircraft.
Hopefully this will give my disabled Sister in Law some dignity back and let her board with everyone else instead of being taken away and put in a rickety old Ambulift http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/.../eusa_clap.gif
Good luck you guys in Telford cant wait to see it in operation !!!