PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bill Hamilton gives REX 6 months
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2002, 05:08
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaunty

I'm blushing, you said nice stuff about someone and it was me!!!

We all got together on the weekend for our usual Board meeting. Now let me tell you, discussion is usually robust and Bill H and I rarely trade too many niceties.

BUT, having talked with him and everyone else I wonder what you would have said, led down the same path by the media

No one on AOPA wants Rex to fail. We want to get the costs down so that they don't. That was Bill Hamilton's message plain and simple.

You have elsewhere supported part 121B. Well a mate of mine that runs a '121B' organisation said to me,

"The planes dont change, the route doesn't change, the weather doesn't change. Only thing that changes and gets worse are the regs. So I don't read em."

So you see, complexity breeds contempt. Therefore I put it to you that the CASRs are actually the CAURs. They are UNSAFE becuse they are fast losing relavence.

I do agree though that we must work WITH CASA to sort this rather than being seen to constantly snipe at them. I say 'being seen' because I know many AOPA Board members DO work with CASA. Trouble is, as with all things aviation, only the controversy gets reported.

BTW, I can post on my own now having worked out the cookies

AK