PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 00:09
stevehiggi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Second Coming. I think one of the biggest drawbacks at BOH is the local infrastructure. I mean. From the Parley lane to Blackwater in the rush hour is just so bad. I know I work there (not on BOH). Another thing is. Although they have the new terminal all the decent facilities are airside. I went there to see it and I thought it would be nice with some shops coffee bars etc. As memory serves me there is a little coffee shop in the entrance and thats it. Some check in desks and beureu de change and hire car place. So, until you go airside there are no real facilities. but then again the quicker you get airside the better. Also, Although there is more room on the apron I can't imagine a widebody lined up with lers say Palmairs 737, A couple of Fr 737's and thomson 737 all at the same time. I know its much better and I expect the handling has got much better etc etc. As we all have seen recently the battle between SOU and BOH. At Sou the facilities do outnumber BOH and the infrastructure goes its way with the M27/M3 and train links. But to its disadvantage its a short runway not capable of handling large acft.

As for Flybe coming to BOH I agree it won't happen. Might get a few routes but not a base. I do think we could see in the future some other airlines using ATR's and Dash 8's to Eu destinations such as AMS like KLM or LH or maybe even SAS. I do hope so. But we have EXT, BRS, SOU, to contend with. Even EXT has a direct link to the new dual carriage way the A30 to the M5 and A38 and the train at Honiton and Exeter st Davids. and of course its Flybe's HQ. I do hope BOH can sort something out soon.