PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go around!
Thread: Go around!
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2010, 20:13
Nicholas49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness One Echo:

Later when we were downwind, the laid back and dulcet tones of the Captain as he explained the aircraft departing ahead had undergone a rejected take off was a country mile from the STRESS levels in the poor cc's voice! You've either got the patter or you haven't.
Nail. Hit. Head. It was, presumably, the flight attendant's first real-life go-around, hence the well-intentioned yet counter-productive explanation.

Perhaps CC should be trained to wait for the captain to give a PA in the event of a go-around? Just a thought!

So your go-around was due to an RTO? I wonder whether it was high-speed.

In the spirit of the thread, I remember having two high-speed RTOs at Berne when I was a youngster. Lots of luggage was off-loaded because the aircraft was "overweight". Passengers off-loaded too between attempted take-offs.

But the real highlight was when the crew announced once we were finally en-route to London: "Thank you for flying XYZ (I can't remember which airline). We cease trading at midnight tonight." There was some concern whether those bags would ever make it back to London.

Nick