PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How should i spend my money?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2010, 19:27
MagicTiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well next time use the search function a little first, and you will find most of the answers to your questions. This topic has been discussed to death in the past.

Not patronising you, just telling you to get a bit more knowledge so at least you know what you are speaking about.

You was the one who started comparing P2F with BA's cadet scheme, or FlyBe bonding you on low salary, etc. +++

You wanted to play devils advocate, as you wrote in another post, well here is your answer from most of the users on PPRUNE, P2F is the devil of flying, and can end up making FO's position becoming a training position instead of a paid job in the end, is that what you want?

Don't hide about trying to make a "debate", think before you make an opinion, and before you ask a question.

Furthermore you compared it with doctor students, again lack of knowledge, as my sister is studying to become a doctor, and she has 10 months practical job, as part of her study, and is paid £20.000 for that period.

So again you are talking without knowing even what your own point is.

Believe me after you have spent £40.000 if modular, or £80.000 if intergrated , you will will only need to spend another £35.000 - £40.000 to get a TR and play pilot for 300 - 500 hours!

Sounds like a pretty bad investment if you ask me, and after 500 hours you will be dumped with TR to maintain every 12 months, because another one bites the dust. See the logic in how this works. They are not giving you a job with the Eagle jet line training.

Why do you want to do the lazy route? Build yourself up with air taxi, instructing etc., and when you have sufficient experience you will get a better job, and after more experience an even better job!

I have heard stories from some P2F captains, who tell their FO's, sit still and dont touch anything, sounds like fun, some of the countries who do this, don't have a very rich CRM culture as we would like to believe!

P2F, prepare to kill the FO's job long term! Maybe O'leary is right, Captain and an FO's out of job in the future, maybe they will give you job as cabin crew and trainee pilot, and only if your buzzer goes of and the captain is dead will you get the chance to fly the aircraft, in the mean time serve coffee!