PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just how long exactly have people been waiting for their first job?
Old 16th Sep 2010, 18:23
EMU-170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's always been a mugs game!

Well I just felt like sharing my experience for anyone out there willing to listen. I spent nearly 50k to get myself a frozen ATPL, MCC/JOC. It is coming up to two years in Nov 2010 and I have had no luck in getting a job as a airline pilot. I did go to ryanair for an interview but did not get it. And this was in my first month of qualifying fresh out of training. I asked myself why I did not get it, the truth is I will never now, but I though it went very well.

All I want to say is if there is anyone out there thinking of pursuing this career, PLEASE DON'T it's a mugs game. Some people get jobs, majority do not, that’s a fact.

I am lucky in a way as I have secured a job as a train driver, but I have to live with the fact I wasted 50 k, I could have bought a nice car or put a deposit down on a house with that.

Well good luck to all you fellow pilots out there, I sincerely do wish you all the best of luck.