PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC programme "Skywatch" circa 1974
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2010, 17:01
ExRAFbod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would very much like to have a copy of any CD that may be produced having had a small part in the construction and alignment of the targets and the ensuing Air Trafficking at Larkhill that transpired during the shooting of this documentary (was an adventure in itself). Being sent by the AOC Strike Command to RAF Upavon or Netheravon to rustle up "anything that will burn" we proceeded to load up some of the vehicles with diesel fuel, AvGas and Petrol so that they would light when struck.

On the day, the 20mm Gun on the Phantom was indeed memorable (as were staying out of the way of the many richochets) as I was in a FAC Position at the time and the Waddington Vulcan that dropped the 21 x 2000 pounders well shook the fillings in my teeth and showered me with lumpy bits of Salisbury Plain. Slightly less destructive were the runs of the Jaguar which I thought came from Coltishall.
Think the Harrier was 1 Sqdn at Wittering.

Please feel free to contact me by eMail should anything show up (even stills would be nice). Our DVD Player can play anything but a slice of toast.

Has anyone tried Aunty Beeb yet?

Fingers crossed.