PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2010, 15:38
spider_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And sorry if this sounded a bit anti-flyBe at the beginning. It's 100% not meant to be, just a comparison with another low-houred employer and trying to show Jet2 in the light that I see it.
For those knocking the Jet2 salary, it appears that every month a Jet2 F/O on 70% will still take home around £200+ more than a flyBe F/O.
Unfair comparison. Try the other large established UK tour operators such as Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomsonfly operating B737/B757 or similar, not a turboprop regional payscale. All of these airlines have employed low houred pilots in the past and will again.

A standard Jet2 contract is already low pay and this 70% salary for 80% deal probably puts you on 50% pay (or a turboprop salary) when compared to other UK Boeing/Airbus operators. Don't forget you won't get flight pay, diem, etc. in the 5 winter months. Just like P2F, these temporary part time contracts will also spread like a cancer in the industry.

I'm not saying its a bad deal if you can make it work for you and suits your lifestyle or present situation. I am worried it will drag the rest of the industry down to its level.

the Dash-8 may be a technologically incredible aircraft, but there aren't too many European/UK operators around if you leave flyBe
The airline knows this and will manage its payscales accordingly.

but for my position I can't help but think it's the best job out there.
You're probably right.