PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tough Call
Thread: Tough Call
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2010, 07:33
clinty83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou to all that have thrown in their 2 cents worth it is very much appreciated. I really didn't expect such a huge response to be honest, good to know there is support out there for newbies.

I havent made a decision yet but I'm more than leaning towards packing up my bongos and shipping off. My wife is very understanding and supportive and initially we think I should go up and get established then she will follow when she can. Ive been told there are some reasonably good non-flying jobs around that pay very well., but perhaps only around Darwin and more populas areas however.

I have sent out at last count around 15-20 emails to date, some with followed up phone calls other not yet. Ideally I'd like to work for a mob where I can progress to twins etc do I dont have to uproot and move again. In saying that if I have to I will. Flexibility is the name of the game in aviation.

I will endevour to gain some 210hrs as a friend owns one at my local field. Please keep the info coming, I particularly like the RSA license thought in a previous post.

Thanks again
Clinty83