PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing site near the NEC
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2010, 00:11
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
And there's silly old me thinking a congested area was something like 'an area in relation to a city, town or settlement which is substantially used for residential, industrial, commercial or recreational purposes or close to an open air assembly of 1000 or more people', ring any NEC bells?

Finally, if you're worried about flying near hotels and lakes, industrial units and motorways, i suggest you take ulcer tablets, cos there ain't too many landing sites that don't have these old chap
May I suggest it is you that re-reads the thread.
clue "In reference to the NEC, I could land there if it was required, because I can."

As for J's previous comment, I happen to prefer helicopters to remain in one piece!

Anyway, to try and keep up with your ramblings, nobody's suggested 'free landings', only fees comensurate with the service delivered.
Oh Yes they have...

I can park my car at this hotel for free, but not my helicopter. If I'd turned up in a Bugatti Veyron costing twice as much as my machine I could have parked it in their car park for free. Blatant profiteering.
How is that misinterpreted then?

Your reference to Celtic Manor was nothing more than you trying to make a smug 'high brow' point. However when it was highlighted as ridiculous, showing that you have made no attempt of planning a more suitable site, you claim it as a 'back pedalling' ironic reference.
Took me less than a minute to find that alternate for you
A simple thanks will do

Bottom line though chaps is;

Would you be happy leaving your aircraft in the insecure car park of the NEC, (or Birmingham Business Park ) unattended for a couple of hours, possibly in the dark... or would you rather leave it in a secure site with restricted access and security patrols?

All the best,
SS