PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Me, Pilot, Please.
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 21:55
Shorty92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me, Pilot, Please.

Hey, basically my dream since a young boy has been to be a Pilot. I no youve heard a lot of that but i need some advice on what to do, reading the other forums me and my Dad have come to the conclusion that I personally am ready to take the next step and so i went and passed the assesment and medical in a couple of days, but where to go now?

Ive got my place at Cabair if I want it, doing the integrated course that takes you through 18 months of flight school, and i know they make it seem all shiny and nice but we all no its hard work. The only problem is im getting mixed signals about the modular course, or the integrated course and how much doing different things could change my future career?

Also starting now in 2010, and hopefully finishing in late 2011 early 2012 should throw out of training at the right time? Obviously this is a risk but is it worth the 70,000? (Obviously I think it is but at the same time i need to think realistically) Of course im 18 and doing this course should leave me with a frozen ATPL by the time im 20, does this leave me in a good place, or too will i be too young to start my career?

I no all these questions will just leave opinionated answers and hopefully some opinions will help my Dad and I to make the correct investment in the near future. Be it the long way round or the short way round

Jake