PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing site near the NEC
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 21:12
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handysnaks

Thanks for the reply. I didnt, dont and never do want an argument with anyone. However, some of us here are heli-mad (guilty as charged). I don't really have a problem if the NEC dont want helicopters there, but, its not UNREASONABLE that a major international exhibition centre, in a developed country with plenty of space might just facilitate helicopters. To be honest I think they should actually encourage it. (But that's my opinion)

I know not everyone would agree with that, but all I and a few others are saying is that we're not really expecting something completely ridiculous. Years ago the prospect of landing at a hotel or restaurant might have seemed preposterous, now hundred, thousands of places "off airport" allow landings.

I regularly ring up new places and ask if they will allow helicopters in and 95% of the time I get a very enthusiastic yes and a friendly welcome. All some of us are saying is that it is definitely a venue that is capable of taking them and in this modern, progressive day and age - it should.

Simples........

How about we just agree to dis-agree ?

Joel