PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 21:58
MechanicalMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBS>So certain. You would make a good politician, actor, or lawyer. We are talking about an unexplained crash, nothing is impossible at this time. Anything ‘can’ happen.

Thanks for the insult! As it is Barry i work in the industry, i fly Twice a week as a flightcrew member on 747's. I am a qualified certifying Engineer (Airframe / Engine & Avionic) on 747's
I remain Anonymous because that is my right too & i dont want to be pestered by idiots with crackpot theories.

JBS>Why have eight locking sectors? Why not only one that keeps the other seven from turning which keeps the midspan from turning? My real question is why not having locking sectors on the midspan latches if they are such a good safety device?

So you want one lock to lock the other seven. We now have eight that lock the lower and also due to the basics of geometric locks prevent drive being transferred to the two midspan.

I dont say someting cannot happen because its not supposed to, i say in this case it cannot

I have my own theories on why this Aircraft broke up, but i will wait until i know more of the facts being i make a judgement. You on the other hand jump to conclusions before all the facts are known and do not listen to other peoples opinions. I know about the mechanism of a 747 cargo door as i have had the components in my hand, i have fixed, rigged and repaired the Aft Cargo Door, not just read about it from my armchair. i disagree completely with your Cargo Door theories. You jump to conclusions before all the facts are known, example proved by your post about the BA aircraft having cargo door wiring fire. The facts so far point to a galley chiller but lets wait and find out before speculating.

TWA, It would be a lot cheaper and easier to re-wire the cargo doors then fit The Tank Suppresion Units, Fuel Harness replacement etc to all 747 classics that followed the TWA crash, but then its all a big conspiracy to hide the cargo door fault!

I hear the X files are looking for a new writer!