PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS now asking for A $30,000 Bond
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 21:45
Russell The Lov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Karunch you hit the nail pretty hard there. I often have a chuckle at all the guys so desperately seeking all the guff they can about getting into Qantas. Sure it is seen as the the pinnacle of aviation here, but (and this is my opinion only),it really isn't all it is cut out to be.
Believe it or not I am one that actually left QF to go elsewhere - I earn a bit less now but I am about 300% happier and so is my family.
I think the point is there are a lot of guys in QF, who deep down aren't happy, but actually find it hard to admit it to themselves because anything less than QF is seen as haven't made it yet. It's a bit of the old "hang on, I must be happy, this is Qantas." Yes they have the best machines, great pay etc etc. But I'm just glad I was able to say to myself 'Hey I'm not happy, it's not what I had hoped, time to move on and do what is best for myself and my family - and not worry about what QF think, because they don't give a rat's about me.
On saying this though, I do acknowledge that the vast majority are hugely happy there. So to those that aren't there yet - my opinion only is that it aint that great and there are better jobs out there, even if they are not seen as the pinnacle.
And I didn't pay the bond.