PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing site near the NEC
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 19:09
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloody hell,

I cant believe what I'm reading here !!! Have I got this right?

I'm in a HELICOPTER forum. It's for people that fly, enjoy the use of, or are otherwise interested in helicopters. Interested, usually, in a positive fashion.

Its called Rotorheads. Its name implies that we like things with a rotor. Sort of like "petrol head" implies that people like things with a motor. I didn't realise I was in the 'do we or don't we like helicopters' forum. And yet, here I am discussing a subject where people are seemingly anti-helicopter.

So for those that are in the wrong place (and I know I'm not). The Rotorheads forum is usually for those people who like everything helicopter and would like to use them for what they were designed for, namely, landing the fking thing right outside the front door. Not unreasonable considering its a HELICOPTER!!

SilsoeSid, thanks for pointing out all the venues that don't' accept heli's - I wont be going to them. And I couldn't give a rat's ass if there's an airport next door because, If I wanted to land at a bloody airport, and then take a taxi to wherever I was going, I'd fly into it in a plane. Which fortunately I am also capable of doing.

Guys, if you lot don't think that major public venues, having appropriate regard for all the usual issues, shouldn't be helicopter friendly then fk off to another forum. Because most of us here are pro-heli!

The funny thing is - I don't want to even land at the NEC at the moment!

Unbelievable

Last edited by JTobias; 15th Sep 2010 at 19:24.