PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help! Son wants to be a pilot.
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 19:06
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drummaster, Im most likely the only poster on this site who has hired many, many pilots, so take what I say and digest it! {1} The last time there was a real pilot shortage was Sept 1940!{2} Cabair and other "Puppy Farms" are full of it, having been burned by grads from such schools { most of them couldnt fly or think worth a damn} I restricted my selection to kids who had done their time flying floats/bush/charter / instructing and had paid their dues and developed needed skills,all turned out just fine. {3} A pilot does not need a degree, as long as he/she can count to 360 that will do it. {4} The pay scales and working conditions these days are dismal, it will take an end to "Pay to fly" and Multi crew lics to rebuild both the pay and the status of the job, the ONLY thing which can achieve this is tough unions, {You might find this strange comming from one who has been the boss for most of my life}{5} Tell the kid to become a dentist/doctor/plumber or whatever, then he will have enough $ to buy his own aircraft and fly for fun! Sorry to be so blunt but each day I get CVs from good kids who have been duped/lied to and generally jerked around, most are from the EU and have been fed the line that the training in the EU is so great that we in the "Empire" just cant wait to hire them, belive me it just aint so! PM me if you want more grim news, Regards, Clunck.

Last edited by clunckdriver; 15th Sep 2010 at 19:23. Reason: Sticky keys!