PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How far would you take this?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 18:52
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeking opinions about being spoken to like this is not whining, it is one of the reasons this forum was established.
Well it is, actually (whining that is) - and it isn't what it was set up for.

There has been nothing posted here which can possibly have assisted the OP in coming to a decision: He clearly already possesses sufficient education and intelligence to work it out for himself. No advice was necessary. The original question was rhetorical. I don't seek to defend the crew member involved for a moment - rudeness is never excusable. Life is full of rude people, and inconsiderate and unhelpful people also - we all meet them on a daily basis, in all walks of life. As adults, we all regularly make adult decisions about how to deal with each specific situation, on a rolling basis - most of us don't bother to come on a bulletin board to get advice about, say, a rude receptionist in a dental surgery, or indeed, anything else.

The Pax/SLF forum wasn't originally intended to be a forum primarily for complaint - it was intended as an interface between aviation professionals and their customers - questions could be asked and information exchanged. Sadly, it has become a place where a relatively small core decry almost every aspect of the industry. There are some posters who have quite simply demonstrated nothing positive to say about anybody working for an airline. I am genuinely astonished as to why they should wish to return so regularly, or indeed, fly at all.

The internet is crammed with consumer forums where customers can give feedback on their dissatisfaction with any number of industries and service suppliers - read enough of them for long enough, and you begin to sense some common personalities at work, and therefore you begin to question the validity of the comment. It would be nice if this forum could be something different, after all, you have the opportunity here to communicate with those who actually do the job, a facility not available on other bulletin boards. "The Crew member was rude to me, what should I do?" neither educates nor informs and leads with tedious inevitability to the "We pay your wages" posts which achieve so little except to inflame. We can all do better - let's try.