PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How should i spend my money?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 18:01
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laakdown you're absolutely right to play devils advocate. Only by doing so can you properly explore all the options and get the true opinions from us folk qualified without a job.

P2F is very much the cancer of the industry but unfortunately its a viscious circle. People come out of training having invested so much and have had a decision to make.....(1) cut your losses and run. (2) go back to work, struggle to keep yourself current and bide your time (3) hand over yet more money on the (often empty) promise of some right seat time.

I in no way advocate P2F, it should be banned in my opinion and that would sort the debate out once and for all. However... it's a dog eat dog world at the moment and having invested so much and worked so hard who can blame anyone for trying to make the final push to the RHS. The difference is when you BORROW more money to go P2F...thats when you cross the fine line between determination and desperation/lunacy.

I've got no problem in saying that even in my mid-20's....I've done some growing up since training and stumbled upon the genuine realisation that although being a pilot is a nice job....its still just a job. And I'm never paying to go to work thanks.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Just remember that the FTO with the shiniest brochure isn't always the best.....

Cheers

2W2R