PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 17:25
Sammy H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening people,

I have only just found this forum and have been reading through the thread and have found it great. Just had a few questions/queries that hopefully some of you can advise me on.

I applied to be a trainee air traffic controller at the end of last month and was offered to attend the stage one assessment. This is at Prestwick on October the 8th. Can't wait!

I have read all the reading material over and over so it gets in my head! Do I need to know all of the aircraft specs? What particular questions do they ask you on the material, is there a certain part of it i should be studying?

I believe that they test you on this material, mark it, and if you don't do well send you packing, and if you do well, let you take the next tests. I am quite confident with the basic checking and diagramming, but not so confident on the spatial reasoning. Are there any ways to practice this on-line, I also wouldn't mind practising speed, time and distance calculations on-line.

Any other hints/tips are appreciated, nervous time, I can't believe I made it this far!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam