PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How should i spend my money?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 17:03
hazholmes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laakdown,

You say you will finish your ATPL's in March so assuming you finish all your training by the end of 2011 things could be quite different from what they are now.

I can't offer any advice regards OAA or other flight schools because I haven't even reached that stage myself. I would strongly urge against using companies like eagle jet, have you read about them on here??

You have plenty of cash and presumably are in no rush to get an airline job - its not a race after all - so see what the situation for newly qualified pilots is like at the end of 2011 before committing any further cash.

If you looked at these forums ~9 months ago you wouldn't have seen any advertisements for jobs whatsoever. Recently there have been cadet schemes opened at Thomas cook, Cityjet and a rumoured one at Aer Lingus. I see there is also a thread on Jet2 recruiting, flexi-crew cadets are being taken on at easyjet as well. There are also threads on apparent exodus of pilots from Ryanair and Flybe to pastures new. Maybe by 2011-12 hiring conditions will be more favourable to the employee rather than the employer?

Only the advice of a fellow wannabbe so take it for what it is. Good luck.