PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 16:47
Oba1kanobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on how you look at it) Arik is flying to ALOT of undesireable (from a profit stanpoint) locations within Nigeria. Perhaps they can clip their wings alittle and jettison some weak destinations in order to reduce costs.

Number one money loser is New York, not any route in Nigeria. Some of those routes are grossly subsidized. Uyo was started at 100% seats purchased by the government there, but of course, Arik screwed that one up, and we don't fly there at all. Dana does, of course, with really good loads.

Gombe is subsidized. And others.

Number two weak route is probably Abuja to London. I think I heard 47 went today on flight 105.

Akure, sure, you could cut that. But it doesn't cost much to send a Q400 there, as opposed to sending big planes for multiple hour trips with a few dozen pax.

Meanwhile the issue of dud checks presented to NCAA appears not to be an Arik issue, but with the way the NCAA attempted to cash the checks.
Arik Air Blames NCAA Over Dud Cheques | P.M. NEWS Nigeria
I'm sure that Arik's story. They always have one. They owe everybody in the world, and bounce checks at more places than just NCAA. But, sure... THIS ONE, not their fault.