PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How should i spend my money?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 16:33
PhilTheFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lanaak

I could n't recommend any P2F schemes but just surf the Internet or drive around Gatwick until you stumble over the TRTO's and go in and ask...

Its all a risk so be prepared...

What I can say about the Training at OAA is that you wont get better!

If you can afford OAA Modular and a TR as well then in your position that would n't be a bad idea... Dont bank on getting onto RyanAir or EasyJet but if you do then it'll cost between 27K-35K+living expenses.

Unfortunatley in the Airline Industry what I've found is fairness and your ability are lower down on the list than if you have a TR with hours... well at the moment anyway because the Market is so poor. OAA's idiology works in the good times and to be honest its the best place to train if money isn't the object... But right now its all a gamble you might be good at that if you play Poker

Concentrate on your groundschool and attempt to get the best grades you can then look at the Market and the Forecasts and decide at that time. If you are Modular then you can leave it a month before going to Goodyear but if you do continue with OAA then take some more advice... go and do about 50 Hours (At least 50% Solo) at Chandler,Glendale or Deer Valley to get used to the Flying Environment as it will help you with the CPL.. I've seen some go out there do a few hours with OAA and attempt the CPL and Fail...

Good Luck and stop confusing yourself!!