PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing site near the NEC
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 15:16
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handysnaks,

I'm sure in the flesh you're a really nice guy. But this forum, which you are welcome to be a member of, is for people who are traditionally pro-heli.

No, we don't all go around thinking, or expecting, that because some of us fly them, or own them, that we have a god given right to land them where we like, but we do like to think that most people here are heli friendly.

You just don't seem to be. (at least on this topic)

Handy, in the whole scheme of things, its not unreasonable to expect that a major conference centre with masses of land would accept helicopters especially when they cater to major pop concerts whose headlining acts probably commute everywhere in them. The fact that a major airport is close, is quite frankly irrelevant, helicopters are by their very nature designed to land 'off airfield' and that's one of the reasons why we fly them.

On this occasion, you don't agree (and that's fine), but I think you will find that the majority of us do agree that the NEC should and could accommodate them.

Actually, in truth I think we should have a constitutional right to land them anywhere that is safe !!! I think I'll run for Prime Minister and make it my second act as leader of the Govt!

Joel