PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 20:31
JohnBarrySmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lomap>It?s a small circular world.<
By golly it sure is. It's made up of only an extremely small percentage of qualified investigators and safety experts, including the parties to these accident investigations which of course include the AAIB, CTSB, ATSB, BEA and the NTSB.

JBS>Your faith in that small percentage is heartwarming. If only there were not so many instances when they proved human and wrong.

LM>Jim Wildey does not work in a closet, he works as a team of experts.

JBS>Except for Trans World Airlines Flight 800 in which he was the sole member of two ‘teams.’

LM>Finally when the detective work is done the CAA/FAA ensure that the Boeings and AirBus develop and implement fixes to problems identified.

JBS>You are similar to sheep knowing the coyotes are taking a few sheep now and then and bleat to each other, “Hey, it’s OK, the sheepherder is an expert sheepherder, and he got sheepherder friends who can help, and our sheepherder really knows what he is doing, right? He really cares about us, right? We’re safe, right?”

LM>I don't see how all your pontificating on this forum is going to change this if you're not part of the circle.

JBS> I am part of the circle, you might even call me ‘loopy.’ Ha!

LM>It seems to me that if you really have a case you could always petition for a hearing directly to the investigators in charge.

JBS>Ah, showing ignorance about politics and the intricate workings of the authorities. You know nothing of my attempts for ‘a hearing directly to the investigators in charge’
Some are listed on corazon.com. For instance, Senator John McCain, a guy who ejected from a jet in the Navy, like me, suggested in writing to Chairman Jim Hall that NTSB meet with me to listen to my ‘concerns’ about Trans World Airlines Flight 800. Hall flat refused to meet with me or even discuss by email the shorted wiring/forward cargo door rupture/explosive decompression/inflight breakup for Trans World Airlines Flight 800. Of course, NTSB gave full investigation into Electro magnetic cause, meteor, missile cause, bomb cause, and fuel tank cause, but only one line of investigation, by Wildey, for the forward cargo door, all latched and locked until water impact, based upon examining only the bottom eight latches and ignoring the two large rupture holes at the missing midspan latches of the forward cargo door and all the other missing stuff like the manual locking handle, pressure relief doors, bellcranks etc. But you could look at the pictures of the actual door yourself and make your own mind up....but then sheep usually don’t make their own minds up, do they? They go ask the sheepherder what he thinks and when the sheep hears reassuring platitudes, back to eating the grass in peace.

LM>Lacking that, your arguments are falling on ears that are either ineffective or are not going to champion your beliefs.

JBS>Speak for yourself. I’m not writing to you or for you. I’m writing to those who have an open mind, do the research on corazon.com, download the Smith AAR, read them, take notes of questions or errors, and write back here with corrections, suggestions, and alternate explanations to explain the facts. And one big thing is to ask for them to tell their safety people in their airline or business to check out the explanation and see if it warrants further investigation by the other authorities. It’s easy to grasp, lightning strikes, balloon pops, tornado takes off nose.

GB>That trail of best evidence leads to explosive decompression in a ruptured open cargo door event in a wide body airliner ...says Major Barry.

GB>Major: Based on CVR spectrum analysis, you keep alleging that TW800 suffered explosive decompression from the forward belly door rupture. Sir, at 13000 feet the cabin pressure differential is insufficient to effect "explosive" decompression. At such low altitude you'd get non violent rapid depressurization with some ear popping discomfort. Needless to say, the only "explosive" event was the center tank explosion.

JBS>Needless to say you have not done your homework. 13700 feet is 3.5PSI for 38115 pounds against that door. When that balloon pops, ruptures occurred at the midspan latches and caused that sudden loud sound on the CVR...which in the NTSB AAR 00/03 specifically matches the TWA 800 sound to the sound of United Airlines Flight 811 and a Boeing 737 on the ground. The pictures of the ‘non violent rapid depressurization’ are shown by the wreckage reconstruction of the shattered door in pictures on corazon.com with the explosive decompression evident in twisted metal in outward petal shaped rupture holes. The excerpts and matches to United Airlines Flight 811 CVR are in Part IV or the Smith AAR on Trans World Airlines Flight 800, downloadable of course.

Tea Cass

John Smith:
You're not part of the circle.
Go away and don't contradict the inner circle members.
They know best.
They will tell you what to think and when to say it.
Your thoughts are inconvenient and don't fit the model which is handed down by the inner circle, therefore what you say is heresy and must be discounted.
Wire fires are not significant to air safety unless the inner sanctum declares that they are.
Understand?

JBS>Understand, Sir! Standing by to be told what to think and when to say it, sir! I’m sorry for any inconvenient thoughts, sir! Won’t happen again, sir!

MechanicalMan

JBS> Likewise, the handle can be stowed, bottom locking sectors in place, bottom eight latch cams around their pins, pressure relief doors closed, and the midspan can get a signal to open and succeed because of no locking sectors while the bottom eight stay latched and handle stowed correctly.

MM>Again NO, If the lower eight latches remain locked, the two midspan cannot turn.

JBS> I love your certainty. (And capitals.) You say something can’t happen because it’s not supposed to happen. That’s fine about a plane that takes off and lands safely. With China Airlines Flight 611 you can’t say anything about that plane can’t happen because it’s not supposed to happen because the accident was not supposed to happen but it did. Something happened that was not supposed to happen. My offer to explain the actual photo of the actual top piece of the actual aft cargo door of the actual China Airlines Flight 611 is wiring shorted when it was not supposed to.