PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tough Call
Thread: Tough Call
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 11:39
clinty83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough Call

Hi Crew

Been thinking about things lately and thought, why not jump on PPRuNe and get some feed back so here goes.

I currently do not fly for a living. I work in a bloody office doing the same sh*t day in day out and I'm bloody sick to death of it.

I've been thinking about cashing im my long service, annual leave and company shares and heading north to Darwin/NT. My concern is that I have a mortgage and a wife, whom is also very understanding of my situation.

I'm wondering if any of those that have "been there done that" have any advice for a couple of reasons

1:Should a newbie be taking this punt at this time of year considering the wet is on its way? (althogh I do have multi IFR and Beaver Amphib)

2o operators tend to make you wait in line or do they normally hire the best experienced/qualified for the job?

3:Should I hunt down a 206/210 and plough off some hours in them? or can i get away without it?

Like a lot of others that have been there before it scares the piss out of me what may happen if I'm unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance for opinions and advice.

Clinty83