PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How far would you take this?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 10:24
L'aviateur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KBPsen

Rather naive to think that 45 minutes late will mean a 45 minute delay to landing... Possibly so on an easyjet into a an airfield that receives one flight a day. But in my experience a 10 minute delay into places like Amsterdam or Heathrow can still arrive 30 minutes early or an hour late do to whatever procedures, runway and knock on effects are in place.
Also with certain airlines, the published times are often about 20 minutes later then the actual, probably to absorb some of the delay.
Anyway regardless, asking a simple question should not be met with such a reply from someone in a 'customer service' role.
And remember, Cabin crew are 'Customer Service' personnel with some training in safety procedures and crowd management. An airline exists to earn money though providing a 'service'.
Complaining is not excessive, it's just that the British public are too polite to complain.
If I was running the business, I would WANT feedback. I wouldn't be happy employing someone with that kind of attitude, or at the least would want to be able to deal with that and find out why. If she was like that with one person, how many others is she like that with.