PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 15th Sep 2010, 09:57
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear that Fort Fumble is ramping up its L&D section, tonnes more staff, trainers, the whole lot. Likely to do with the FAA coming back in October and future examinations by ICAO.And not to mention that it is a state requirement under ICAO to provide levels of training,yet some buffoons in the upper echelon decided it would be a great way to cull numbers and save money by destroying that section a couple of years ago. Some of the toecutters who had a hand in that ludicrous decision are gone, but naturally some have been promoted, complete with nice fat salaries, to higher positions in the Principate. What a surprise.

A further surprise is a return of a standards division. Again, in an attempt to save money and cut numbers the toecutters offloaded this department a couple of years back. The place has turned into a greater mess since then, and surprise surprise, the department of standards is returning, but in a smaller version.

My source tells me that Fort Fumbles incompetent HR machine is running amok and completely unbridled and placing more and more internal staff offside by the day and that there are a huge amount of actions been taken against them internally and that the place is splitting apart at the seams. Not pretty for a government organisation.

Lastly, my source tells me that their books are overflowing with the services being rendered by consultants at the moment. Seems the internal staff can't handle the workload and are out of their depth. Most of the consultants are wait for it; former staff members. Nice work, mates rates rule !

Now raise your glasses and offer up a toast to another 22 years.......