PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How should i spend my money?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 09:35
PhilTheFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laakdown,

How much have they quoted you to do the CPL/ME/IR+MCC ???

It should n't cost more than local flying schools, having been at OAA myself the modular guys paid a bit more but not the amount quoted ...

Whichever way you go, and I am morally against what I am going to write, but morailty does not pay the bills, look around at TRTO's that do schemes with 500 hours on type and fit everything else from your Budget around this...

Having been around in circles for the past two years making contacts if you have a TR with 500+ (or less maybe 150hrs) it does nt matter if you failed some exams or passed your IR with a 2nd partial pass or worse ... The Airlines will not look too hastily at your training but only the fact you will have Time on Type which is like GOLDDUST to them... some do care about your training like BA but the majority around the Globe could n't give a damn...............

Advice is an opinion mine is based on what I have seen!

Look at OAA now they're starting to offer schemes with Airlines but still making the Cadets (Integrated Course Only) pay £20-35K for a TR that costs £11K + base training....

Do the Maths yourself and say to those who advise you if your so sure your method is right then lend me the money and see how much they splutter!!

Oh and if they put your CV forward to the Airlines you'll be the first