PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How far would you take this?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 06:11
L'aviateur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a situation that should be reported, without a doub't. It is almost definately a problem with an 'individual' as generally FlyBE cabin crew are generally very good.
If i'm faced with someone like this, in any situation where I am the customer, I would make an effort to get this persons name without enraging the situation any further and make a complaint.
Yes there could be many reasons why I person is curt, it could you be your attitude towards them, they could be having a bad day or serious personal problems, or that person could just be a rude person and a few complaints like that could help a manager coach, discipline or fire that person.
If I was the manager in this situation, I'd definately want someone to communicate this, and if I received multiple complaints about someone would deal with them appropriately.

Asking cabin crew for an updated ETA, well i've done that a few times when I haven't heard the announcement (maybe because it wasn't announced or I was asleep), and have always received a polite reply. Why would someone want to know this? Well it lets you have chance to think ahead about your change of plans, whether you'll make the connection or the next train. Which whilst you cannot affect the outcome, does let you have some to decide what your options are. I'm not an impulsive person, prefer to plan.