PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biennial Flight Reviews (BFR's)
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 06:00
parkbrake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read through some of your posts and agree with some points.
One thing that does concern, is a comment made that someones wife who held a SPL some years ago, still receives the mag!! What a waste of money! I wonder how many "once were flyers" are in the same boat.

I also agree that there are a lot of ads. But then, lets be honest, how do you expect to get a free mag if its not subsidised by advertising?

There are a lot of gimmicky things sent out by CASA and included in the magazine. Take the recent plastic card for example!! Waste of money!! Or the D&A calendar last year that had the month of May missing!!!

But then lets look at the content of the magazine itself. I think that its got some good articles in there. They may me recycled from the "crash comics" that you talk about But then for someone like me who has had a comparatively short aviation career, these stories are new to me and I personally find them useful. There are articles in there for all pilots at various stages in there careers, from the beginner to the airline captain. I love the IFR quiz. It keeps me thinking and pushes me to actually read my AIP, rather than just file the ammendments without bothering to look. And when it comes to an airline interview, I hope that my brain will be ready for the questions they may ask.

I can see where some of your frustrations come from. But from the perspective of someone else......is it really that bad??